file Rich Note in DocumentPublisher

7 years 3 months ago #817 by chm
Hi Biggle,

in the TemplateEditor, navigation nodes only gives you model elements, they do not extract anything from it.

I suppose you're missing the RichNote Production node below, it is supposed to insert your RichNote file into your generated document.

In the event you're already using it, could you please indicate what file format you are generating & inserting ?

Hope this helps,

CHM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #818 by Biggle
Hi CHM,

Under the Navigation node I already have a RichNote element.

I am using Word 2007-2010 note types

Cheers
Biggle

Cheers
Biggle

7 years 3 months ago #819 by chm
With Word, you have to refresh the link by selecting it and pressing F9, just like the table of contents.

By the way, Word sometimes has problems with 'relative insertion': in that case, you have to close Word, and open your generated document from the directory itself (for example in the Explorer).

* going back to the TagType post :P *

7 years 3 months ago #826 by Biggle
ahhh, I see how this is supposed to work now, however for me it isn't... Looking around the WWW I can see that it's a consistent intermittent problem with Word that has existed for a while and the issues it has with relative paths.

I've tried opening it from Explorer, opening it after launching Word, tweaking setting in Word to not auto update links, setting base hyperlink properties in the Word doc itself. All to no success :dry:

This would be a nice feature to have working but I get the feeling it is going to be to un-predictable for me to use or count on. A think a nicer implementation would be to strip the content from the RichNote (document) and embed it in the target document, but not knowing how it all works I have no idea how much effort that would really be.

Cheers
Biggle

7 years 2 months ago #883 by Biggle
Hi, Just wanted to see if a sample project with an example of a rich note could be uploaded that is known to work on someones installation? This way I can see if the issue is with my install at all.

Cheers
Biggle

7 years 2 months ago #890 by osl
Hi,

Here is a sample project with a rich note on a class and the corresponding document (ready to generate).
Both the rich note and the document are Open Office writer documents.
Versions used: Modelio 2.1.1 and Document Publisher 3.2.2.

I attach a screenshot showing the generated document.

Best regards,

OSL

Go pro
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Biggle

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
^ Back to Top