file Access Properties of Stereotypes in DocumentPublisher

7 years 3 months ago #813 by Biggle
Hi All,

Hopefully a quick one, I have created a Local Stereotype in my project and defined some customer "Tagged value type" attributes for the Stereotype.

In the Document Publisher I am able to determine what, if any, stereo types are attached, but I would like to access the custom tagged values also. I can't work out which MetaModel navigator configuration to use or what's required to be able to access the information. As they are custom stereotypes the DocumentPublisher doesn't recognise them in any of the existing navigation nodes.

Cheers
Biggle

Cheers
Biggle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #820 by chm
Hi again Biggle,

the TemplateEditor is supposed to accept all Stereotypes/TagTypes/NoteTypes as long as they are defined in your current project, but you have to make sure the current metaclass in the railway is compatible.

For example, let's define a << Customer >> stereotype on Class, with an { Id } tag type.

In your template, it works exactly like Notes. First, add a navigation node (for example a Smart Finder) gathering Classes. Below, you should be able to add a TaggedValue navigation node to keep your "Id" tag...

As I said, it's working exactly like Notes/NoteTypes, I'm quite surprise you encountered any problems with that... Maybe I'm missing your point and you're trying to do something completely different?

7 years 3 months ago #824 by Biggle
Thanks chm,

I had it wrong, I was trying to make it more complicated than it was. The key in your response was to make sure the railway was compatible for what I wanted to do.

Moving on from this, I have tagged values that have a "Param number" of 0, making them select/check boxes. I'm having trouble getting the value of the check box (True/False, Yes/No, 1/0) in to a document. Any suggestions on how I get that information?

Cheers
Biggle

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
^ Back to Top