file Archimate - add tagged values / attributes?

1 month 3 days ago #5399 by osl
Hi,

- What is supposed to happen when you remove a stereotype from an element? I have found that when I remove the stereotype (created as per your first message above), the stereotype and tag disappear from the element properties, but the tagged value is still displayed on the element in diagrams. So it's kind of left behind in some weird way

This is the normal behaviour, although it may not appear so. If you want to remove the tagged values in your case, you can use the Semantic view:

Keys:
1. Activate the Semantic view
2. Open the Semantic view
3. Synchronize the Semantic view
4. Select your Capability
5. Deploy the Semantic model down to the PropertyTable and delete it

You can file an evolution request in the Forge .

- What is supposed to happen with default values on tags? I have created the metaclass reference (as described in your second message above) and now when I add a new Capability it has the tagged value as a property. However when I add the element to a diagram the default value for the tag isn't showing, even if I click on "Show tags" for that element.It only display once I change it from the default value

The default value only shows in the Properties tab as a reminder that the user should probably choose a value. But it would make sense that this also shows in the diagram. You can also file a request for this.

BR

Go pro
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 days ago #5400 by matthew.james
Thanks again for your quick and informative response :-)

osl wrote: This is the normal behaviour, although it may not appear so. If you want to remove the tagged values in your case, you can use the Semantic view:
You can file an evolution request in the Forge .

I'll interpret 'normal' to mean 'it is supposed to' because it isn't what I would normally expect. My initial expectation was that removing the stereotype would remove the related properties, although I can see arguments for leaving them behind. However I find it very strange that properties left behind are only 'half there' and can't be seen except in the semantic view (which appears to be a way to 'get behind' the model and into the internals rather than a working view). I'll look into raising a request related to this.

osl wrote: The default value only shows in the Properties tab as a reminder that the user should probably choose a value. But it would make sense that this also shows in the diagram. You can also file a request for this.

Again, it seems odd that the property has a value but it is treated as a non-value - having a default value normally implies actually setting that as the default value.

1 month 2 days ago #5401 by osl
Regarding the default value, there are two possibilities:

With the current behaviour (i.e. the default value can't be chosen among the possible ones, you have to type it and it can be anything), you could type in "Choose a value" for example, and it would not look good in your diagrams if it appeared everywhere, while it would help to see it as a reminder in the Properties view.

Another way to set a default value would be to choose one from the list so the element would always show a proper value.

I don't know which is better.

Anyway, you have to possibility to give your opinion by recording a change request in the forge.

BR

Go pro

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
^ Back to Top