file Archimate - set default representation mode?

11 months 3 weeks ago #5370 by matthew.james
When using the Archimate plugin elements, some are added with 'Simple' representation mode and show as an icon whilst others are added with 'Structured' representation mode and show as a box style with a decoration icon. It's easy enough to change between them on an element by element basis - but is it possible to change the default?

For example, If I add a new a Archimate Business Process it (by default) gets added with the 'Simple' mode which is a large arrow. I'd prefer to have these always add by default in the 'Structured' mode as a rounded box with an arrow icon in the corner.

Can these defaults be configured anywhere ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #5371 by chm
Hi,

I think this page describes exactly what you need : diagram themes and element styles .

Hope this helps,

chm

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #5373 by matthew.james
Ah - I hadn't made that connection (I assumed that diagram themes were for the base diagram itself not the elements on it).
And using this I can control different element types, and I can make this the default for all diagrams. Perfect, thanks :-)

... although just realised that the 'default' diagram theme is a project default not a global default. So I can set the defaults I want in the specific project but this has no effect in other projects.

I can create my own diagram theme and import that into any projects I want (which is good)
However, is there a way to change the 'global default', ie so that the 'default' diagram theme is changed for all new projects?

Thx

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
^ Back to Top