check [Solved] [Archimate] creating elements from scripts

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #4827 by Iorek
Hi everybody.

I was uncertain on the proper location for this question, here or in the developer/scripts section. I apologise if this is the wrong one.

Now, the question: I'd like to automate some simple tasks in my Archimate model by using a script. I succeed in browsing the model and getting/setting several values, however I don't understand if there is a way to create new instances of elements (e.g. a BusinessActor or a DataObject), which I would need for my purposes.
My problem is that I was assuming to find something equivalent to the "factory" methods in the IUMLModel interface (e.g createClass() ), but I find nothing. Is maybe the approach different? Any hint?

Thanks,
Francesco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #4829 by Iorek
I reply to myself... I finally found the interface IArchimateModelFactory that groups the methods I would need.
But now the problem is:
1. Is the interface useable in Jython?
2. How do I get a reference to it in my script?
Thanks for any help, folks

1 year 9 months ago #4831 by chm
Hi lorek,

there is no ArchiMate factory to use from a module or a script, but it is still possible to use the generic "createElement" method, for example :
# assume elt is a business folder

# create the ArchiMate element
ba = Modelio.getInstance().getModelingSession().getModel().createElement("BusinessActor")
ba.setName("Actor")

# attach the new element to its folder
elt.getContent().add(ba)

Hope this helps,

chm

1 year 9 months ago #4832 by Iorek
Thank you so much, chm. It definitely works!
Now, i'll work on it.

Thanks again,
Francesco

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
^ Back to Top