file The modelio generates a text output ?

4 years 8 months ago #3037 by matheus
I want to know if I can save a deployment diagram with output of type text and not the binary type .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #3072 by jmfavre
Bonjour,
As far as I know you can use Modelio to save a diagram as an image. And if you want to have a textual version of it in some language, then you can use jython with excellent macro system of modelio. That is, you have to write a little program in python, test it in the script window, and when you are happy with what it generates, you can put in in a file and create a macro. The good point is that you can generate whatever you want :up
Cheese,
Jean-marie

4 years 7 months ago #3076 by andy
Hi Matheus,

As a part of MODAClouds project we will soon provide a generation for deployment scripts for many cloud platforms.

Please stay tuned, it is going to appear within couple of months.

Cheers,
Andrey

4 years 7 months ago #3077 by jmfavre
Hello andy,
what are you using for the generator? plain java? some template engine? I'm currently using jinja2 with a framework I'm developing in jython/python, but I'm curious to know if you use a java based template engine. Any experience out there with using something based on EMF for instance?
Jean-marie

4 years 7 months ago #3082 by andy
We are using pain Java with design patters as Visitor.

I think Modelio would work well with Velocity.

Modelio Patterns tool is also a nice option for quick generation from a template.

No idea if it works with EMF engins, though some Modelio API is partially compatible.

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
^ Back to Top