file [Solved] I'm clearly too stupid to use this product

5 years 5 months ago #2573 by sejhemming
I'm trying get the reverse engineering options working.

I've created a C# project.

I've right-clicked on the project and navigated to the 'Reverse C# Sources' and selected that.

I've then navigated to the folder that contains the source I'm interested in and selected a single .cs file that contains a single class.

When I fire off the process, I get an 'Operation in Progress' dialog that stays on screen for a while and then disappears.

Once it's gone then it seems that nothing has happened. There is nothing in the model, no diagrams have been created. There is nothing I can see that is different top how it was before I ran the Op.

For what it's worth, I've been through this process a number of times each time selecting a different option in the 'Granularity' dropdown.

I'm completely lost and this isn't helped by the fact that the images in the help file are different from those in the app itself.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful.

I keep being told how good this product is; I'd love to be able to see it for myself! :unsure:

--
Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #2574 by cde
Hi sejhemming,

Perhaps your CsDesigner module's parameters are not well positionned.
To check this, click on the 'Configuration\Modules' button, then select the 'C# Designer' module entry :

Check if the 'Path to .NET Framework' and 'Command for invoking Visual Studio' parameters are well positionned.

Then try again to launch a reverse :

Hope this help,
cde.
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #2575 by sejhemming
Thanks for that. The pointer to VS was, in fact wrong. However, after correcting it, the app still won't generate anything.

After little digging, I found the log file you generate and discovered this ...

2014-03-19 09:12:37,959 ERROR o.m.api.impl - CsDesigner
2014-03-19 09:12:37,974 ERROR o.m.api.impl - null
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:421)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.Reversor.processRun(Reversor.java:440)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.Reversor.reverseWizard(Reversor.java:393)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.commands.Reverse.actionPerformed(Reverse.java:23)
at org.modelio.module.commands.ExecuteModuleActionHandler.execute(ExecuteModuleActionHandler.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:243)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:224)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:167)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:850)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:743)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$7(HandledContributionItem.java:727)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:662)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:162)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.modelio.metamodel.impl.uml.statik.AssociationEndImpl.setNavigable(AssociationEndImpl.java:68)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.xmltomodel.strategy.CsAssociationEndStrategy.getCorrespondingElement(CsAssociationEndStrategy.java:351)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.xmltomodel.strategy.CsAssociationEndStrategy.getCorrespondingElement(CsAssociationEndStrategy.java:43)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitAssociationEnd(ElementCreation.java:69)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbAssociationEnd.accept(JaxbAssociationEnd.java:477)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitClass(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:69)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitClass(ElementCreation.java:133)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbClass.accept(JaxbClass.java:386)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitPackage(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:202)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitPackage(ElementCreation.java:366)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbPackage.accept(JaxbPackage.java:340)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitPackage(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:202)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitPackage(ElementCreation.java:366)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitGroup(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:376)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitGroup(ElementCreation.java:607)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbGroup.accept(JaxbGroup.java:154)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitModel(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:315)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitModel(ElementCreation.java:524)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbModel.accept(JaxbModel.java:97)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.DepthFirstSearchVisitor.visitReversedData(DepthFirstSearchVisitor.java:357)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.revers.ElementCreation.visitReversedData(ElementCreation.java:563)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.model.JaxbReversedData.accept(JaxbReversedData.java:130)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.XMLReverse.reversElements(XMLReverse.java:129)
at com.modelio.module.xmlreverse.XMLReverse.reverse(XMLReverse.java:88)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.xmltomodel.CsReverse.reverseModel(CsReverse.java:44)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.RTReverseProgressBar.reverseXMLFile(RTReverseProgressBar.java:158)
at com.modeliosoft.modelio.csdesigner.reverse.RTReverseProgressBar.run(RTReverseProgressBar.java:51)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

--
Stuart

5 years 5 months ago #2576 by cde
Hi Sejhemming,

It seems the problem is caused by the reverse of an association...
Could you provide us with the cs file you're trying to reverse ?

Best regards,
cde

5 years 5 months ago #2577 by sejhemming
Here you go.

--
Stuart
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #2578 by cde
Hi Sejhemming,

Thanks to your reply we found an issue with associations reversal, and we just fixed it.
A new version of the module is available : Cs Designer 3.1.01.
To get it, just launch the 'Configuration\Modules catalog...' command to open the Modules catalog, and then click on the 'Check for new versions...' button.
In the list of new modules, check the 'Cs designer 3.1.01.9020' module, and click on 'Add to calatog'.
Then, using the 'Modules' tab of the 'Project configuration' window, add the new version to your project.

See this pdf for a more detailed procedure :

File Attachment:

File Name: Module_Cat...date.pdf
File Size:699 KB

Best regards,
cde.
Attachments:

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds
^ Back to Top