file Does the reverser remember it's include and define settings?

6 years 7 months ago #1453 by bill.white
I set the include and define settings for the C++ Reverser. When I closed my project and reopened it, they were gone. I had made a copy of the file mda/CxxReverser/reverseCppConfig.xml, which had the changes I made, so I copied it over the unchanged file. However, the changes I made were ignored, and they seem to be gone forever.

Is it really possible that I need to reconfigure the reverser everytime I use it? Reconfiguring it with the GUI takes me at least 10 minutes, and I have dozens of potential projects to configure. I would like to be able to write a program with generates a C++ project, along with the reverser configuratation once and for all for whatever source tree I'm working on. Is it possible to do this with a module?

If it takes hours to configure the entire system, that will be a big bar to integrating Modelio C++ Designer in my organization's workflow. I'm evaluating this tool, and I really like it for drawing pictures. But configuring this for reverse engineering seems to be an unnecessarily difficult task.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #1456 by chm
Hi bill.white,

in the current state of the C++ Reverser module, there is no way to store a configuration to use it again. In fact, it was more designed as a 'one shot' tool than one to use again and again with the same parameters.

However, I completely understand your need, and I agree that you should not be made to reconfigure your project every time.

I'll see what I can do about it next week and keep you informed.

Hope this helps a little.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
^ Back to Top