file [Solved] using MARTE

6 years 8 months ago #1381 by barbe.rousse
Hi Leen,

First of all, an existing implementation of the MARTE specification for Modelio is available here if want to take look at it it's free ;).

Concerning the MARTE specification, each parts named "Domain view" can be see as a MARTE metamodel and the parts named "UML representation" describes the MARTE profile.
Inside "UML representation" parts, their is two views of each profile.
The first view named "profile diagram" describes the MARTE profile with a diagram.
The Second view named "profile elements" is another description of the MARTE profile but more textual. These sections describes how implements the MARTE profile and use them.

AS I said an implementaion of the MARTE profile is already available for Modelio but this specification would help you in using it.

Hoping it helps,

BR
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #1424 by Leen
Hello Barbe

for sure , Your answer was helpful.
i am new in MARTE and i have the following doubts
1-Does this mean that the only we do in MARTE is adding some stereotypes and its associate properties on the appropriate model's element or there is other possibilities ?

2- Should We first begin by building a diagram according to UML2 specification and then apply MARTE profile on them?

3- As i read in MARTE specification that Clock and ClockType stereotype (from TimeAccesses) used to annotate instance and classifier respectively
but i don't know in which case i use these stereotype

Regards
Leen

6 years 8 months ago #1425 by Leen
Hello Barbe

for sure , Your answer was helpful.
i am new in MARTE and i have the following doubts
1-Does this mean that the only we do in MARTE is adding some stereotypes and its associate properties on the appropriate model's element or there is other possibilities ?

2- Should We first begin by building a diagram according to UML2 specification and then apply MARTE profile on them?

3- As i read in MARTE specification that Clock and ClockType stereotype (from TimeAccesses) used to annotate instance and classifier respectively
but i dont know in which case i use these stereotype

Regards
Leen

6 years 8 months ago #1426 by barbe.rousse
Hi Leen,

In general using an UML2 profile (MARTE in your case) means using profile stereotypes applied on UML2 element. The difficulty is to applied the rigth MARTE concepts (so you need to know the MARTE profile , concepts, their relations, ther attributes, etc.) on a conform UML Model (so you also need to know UML2 ...).

This is due to the fact that you use MARTE profile (i.e. the UML representation of MARTE specification). It possible to avoid the knowledge of UML2 specification if you use a tool implementing the MARTE metamodel (i.e. the domain view of the MARTE specification).

Now concerning your question 3., ClockType and Clock are two concept of MARTE used for specifying time.
In summary a ClockType defines a general and abstract type of Clock, like the " Swatch Touch " for example. This concept will permit you to describe the caracteric of a given type of clock (its nature, its resolution, etc.). A Clock is a instance, a concrete object, of your clock type i.e. the watch on your wirst. The main functionality of a clock is to measure the time.
For create a UML/MARTE model with these two concepts under Modelio, you have to.
  1. Create a project with MARTE module deployed.
  2. Create an Class. named "ClockType" for example.
  3. Apply the MARTE ClockType stereotype on your created Class.
  4. Create an Intance named "clock" for example.
  5. Specify that the "base" of your Instance is the created Class.
  6. And finally apply the MARTE Clock stereotype on your created Instance

See my attachement, .

Hoping it helps,

BR.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleb

6 years 8 months ago #1434 by Leen
Hello Barbe,

thank you very much for explanation.
i am trying to add marte to modelio to perform these steps.

you gave me a link,but your previous link illustrated through attachment allow me to only see user manual.
if possible,how can i add MARTE?

Regards
Leen
Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1435 by tma
Hi Leen

in the previous link, you can download the "jmdac" file, available on the "Files" tab: MARTEDesigner_2.1.09.jmdac

By reading this page , you'll know how add the MARTE module.

tma

Moderators: tmachmebr
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
^ Back to Top