lock [Solved] JVM error on startup on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #717 by ITiBoI
Hello,

sorry for an other Ubuntu 64bit thread, but the solution proposed (with 32bit xulrunner) in these other threads did not worked for me. I got all requirements listed here installed.

When I start the Modelio via modelio.sh I get a window with the error message

JVM terminated. Exit code=1
/home/tim/Downloads/modelio/jre/bin/java
-jar /home/tim/Downloads/modelio//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86_64
-showsplash
-launcher /home/tim/Downloads/modelio/modelio
-name Modelio
--launcher.library /home/tim/Downloads/modelio//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.100.v20110505/eclipse_1407.so
-startup /home/tim/Downloads/modelio//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata 9e8001
-vm /home/tim/Downloads/modelio/jre/bin/java
-vmargs
-jar /home/tim/Downloads/modelio//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar

Obviously, there is a 'double slash'. Replacing them with a single one and executing it with the provided java executable from the modelio root folder did not change anything. Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: The excution with removed double slash produces a log file I attached to the post. As I understand java is not able to find the file libmlib_image.so located in the jre folder.

Thanks in advance

TiBo
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
7 years 4 months ago #718 by michaelp
Hi,

Which version are you running ? After some testing, I'd recommend using the 2.1.1 x64 version, released a week ago. It runs without headaches. It's the same meta-model version as 2.1 so there should be no unpleasant surprise with model conversion.

Michaël
Praxeme Institute
7 years 4 months ago #719 by ITiBoI
I am using the x64 version. I just tried the 32bit version with the proposed xulrunner fix and it worked :) On the command line there are some ELF errors but Modelio is running without problems :)
7 years 4 months ago #720 by michaelp
There are still some rough edges on the x64 version I guess. Glad you managed to make the x86 version work, though :)

Michaël
Praxeme Institute
7 years 4 months ago #721 by ITiBoI
Seems so.. But thank you for your response :) I think this thread can be marked as solved (even though the actual problem wasn't)
7 years 4 months ago #726 by ffe
Hi ItiBol and Michaelp,

Modelio can use Xulrunner or the webkit library. We recommend you use the webkit library. In case the webkit is not present in your OS, use Xulrunner instead.

The system requirement page has been updated:
www.modelio.org/documentation/installation/12-installation.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp
Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
^ Back to Top