file Correct java -classpath for wrapping Modelio binary

4 months 1 day ago - 4 months 1 day ago #6434 by yyyy
I'm trying to package the Modelio binary from modelio-open-source_4.1.0_amd64.deb for Nix ( default.nix ). I had to unvendor JRE from it, patch the dynamic loader, and then I was successful running the Modelio binary. However, Modelio throws many errors while running the modelio binary. For example,
The 'JavaDesigner' repository index is missing.

which I suppose to be related to the bundled JAR
usr/lib/modelio-open-source4.1/bundle/java/javadesigner.jar

Thus, am now trying to wrap the modelio executable with the option -classpath
makeWrapper ${jre8}/bin/java $out/usr/lib/modelio-open-source4.1/modelio --add-flags "-classpath $out/usr/lib/modelio-openf-source4.1/bundle/java/javadesigner.jar;$out/usr/lib/modelio-openf-source4.1/lib/tools.jar ..."

but I don't know which exact class/path to put on

So far I've unsuccessfully tried com.modeliosoft.modelio.javadesigner, com.modeliosoft.modelio.javadesigner.annotations.mdl.class, ...
Error: Could not find or load main class com.modeliosoft.modelio.javadesigner
Error: Could not find or load main class com.modeliosoft.modelio.javadesigner.mdl.class

So, does anyone have any idea which class/path to use?

PS.: I'm trying to package the binary instead of the source code because I didn't find any documentation on an automated/headless method for building the Modelio plugins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 19 hours ago #6435 by ffe
Hi,

PS.: I'm trying to package the binary instead of the source code because I didn't find any documentation on an automated/headless method for building the Modelio plugins.

The Modelio's sources are on GitHub and a tutorial explaining its build (with Maven) is also present:
github.com/ModelioOpenSource/Modelio/wiki/Build-Modelio-Index

However, Modelio throws many errors while running the modelio binary. For example,

The 'JavaDesigner' repository index is missing.

This message does not seem an error. In the terminal, Modelio is very verbose... If the line does not indicate that it is an error or a warning, you can ignore it.

bundle/java/javadesigner.jar
lib/tools.jar

The javadesigner.jar (contains the annotations used by TOTO) and the lib/tools.jar jars are used by the Java Designer module.
Modelio doesn't need these jars to run.

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: yyyy

3 months 3 weeks ago #6438 by yyyy
Thanks very much for your reply! I've been trying to build from source following your inputs, but the builds fails on tycho trying to get javadesigner... www.modelio.org/forum/8-installation/4866

if you have any ideas, i'd appreciate to read them

Moderators: cde
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds
^ Back to Top