file Resolved:: Modelio installation failed on MacOSX

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #4032 by equinox
Hi,

I am trying to install modelio version 3.3 and up to use it for modeling cloud apps(to be deployed on cloud using cloudML). I have read the prerequisites of installation. My OS version is 10.11.4, java version is 1.8.

When I try to run the modelio, I am asked to read a log as a result of an error.The following error is stated in that log file:
[code]Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: /Volumes/modelio-open-3.4.1a-macosx.cocoa.x86_64/Modelio 3.4/modelio.app/Contents/MacOS/workspace/.metadata.  By default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched.  Use the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.assertLocationInitialized(DataArea.java:61)

In which file should I add the -data parameter to
specify a different workspace?
1. I tried to change configuration/config.ini inside modelio, but the whole software is locked. I get the error:
config.ini couldnot be unlocked.

2. I tried to add the workspace location in ~/.eclipse/315766298_macosx_cocoa_x86_64/configuration, but nothing happened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #4033 by equinox
I duplicated the modelio software, and removed spaces from its name.. (modelio 3.4 ---> modleio). Now its working.

3 years 3 months ago #4034 by cde
Hi Equinox,

I think your problem doesn't come from the space in the name, but from the fact that you first launched modelio directly from the DMG.

Modelio must be extracted from the DMG like this :

That's probably what you've achieved by 'duplicating the modelio software' ;)

Best regards,
cde
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: equinox

3 years 3 months ago #4036 by equinox
Yes, I meant making a local copy of software by 'duplicating' :) Thanks for pointing out that removal of spaces from name had no effect.

Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
^ Back to Top