file Can't locate companion shared library

4 years 8 months ago #3199 by phillybruce
I am getting the error "The Modelio executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library" on its first launch. It then just quits.

Thank!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #3200 by osl
Hi,

Can you be a little more specific about your configuration?
What's your OS, what's its version, maybe send a screenshot showing the error message so we get the context, etc.

BR

Go pro

4 years 7 months ago #3214 by hstoellinger
Hello,
I have the same problem trying to start Modelio 3.3.1 under Linux/Mint 17.1, x86 (32-bit). Any suggestions so far?
Thanks for your help
H. Stoellinger
Austria :(

4 years 7 months ago #3215 by hstoellinger
Hello again,
When I try to start Modelio I only get a kind of error message displayed with a title "M-bin"... Nothing more happens...

4 years 7 months ago #3216 by phillybruce
It turned out that I had accidentally downloaded the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit one.

4 years 7 months ago #3217 by hstoellinger
Hello,
I wonder whether this might help: Looking at syslog I see the following messages after trying to run modelio:

Feb 26 14:16:37 hslaptop dbus[954]: [system] Activating service name='org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper' (using servicehelper)
Feb 26 14:16:37 hslaptop org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper: QDBusConnection: system D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Feb 26 14:16:37 hslaptop dbus[954]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper'

Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
^ Back to Top