lock [Solved] Ubuntu 64 bit 10.04 - modelio can't load 'libmodelio.so'

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #284 by porchrat
I realise there are other threads dealing with other user's Ubuntu 64 bit installation issues but I didn't want to hijack those threads with my issue.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. I've grabbed libstdc++5 and I was already running 6. I was also already running ia32-libs.

When I try to run Modelio it brings up that initial splash screen thing, creates what looks a default workspace directory and then seems to fall over without ever loading the GUI.

I checked the log file that gets generated (modelioj.log) and this is the result:
- loading 'libmodelio.so' failed, reason is '/home/porchrat/dev/modelio/modelio/plugins/org.modelio.core_2.0.0/lib/libmodelio.so: libxerces-c.so.28: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
java.io.IOException: Unable to load libmodelio.so library:

/home/porchrat/dev/modelio/modelio/plugins/org.modelio.core_2.0.0/lib/libmodelio.so: libxerces-c.so.28: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Beyond that is the rest of the stacktrace but I didn't think that was needed.

I've checked that directory path and libmodelio.so is indeed located there.

Any idea what could be causing this?
The topic has been locked.
7 years 3 months ago #290 by porchrat
Actually looks more like it has to do with libxerces-c.so.28

Installed the libxerces-c28 package and I get the same error. Does this perhaps have to do with the version of jre I'm running?
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #291 by ffe
Hi Porchrat,

Do you use the modelio.sh script launcher to run the Modelio? This script is located in the modelio root directory. It initialize some environment variables as LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #292 by porchrat
Haha looks like we're getting somewhere!

I was using that 'modelio' executable but now that I try the 'modelio.sh' script I get the following error echoed to the terminal (silly me I really should have tried that sooner):
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so

The system then seems to hang like that showing me an empty frame with the title "Modelio". I have to ctrl+C to break it.

Looks like it doesn't like the 64bit library?

I can see the script mentioning LD_LIBRARY_PATH at 2 points, one initial export then again in an 'if' statement a little further down.
7 years 3 months ago #300 by ffe
I think you need the xulrunner version 1.9.2 for platform i386.

Please read the following post:
www.modelio.org/forum/8-installation/269...untu-64-bit.html#273

Before running modelio, you should set the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable with the path to the xulrunner directory.
7 years 3 months ago #301 by porchrat
I read that thread before getting started here. I made sure I had xulrunner and ia32-libs installed before even attempting to run Modelio.

I double checked just in case and I do have the xulrunner-1.9.2 package installed. In fact I think I've always had it installed because I don't remember ever explicitly installing it.

I will try setting that variable to the path to my xulrunner directory and see what happens. I will report back.

Thanks so much for your help so far ffe it is much appreciated.
Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
^ Back to Top