file Installation of Modelio on Windows 7 -64 bit is not working

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2526 by ffe
Hi,

To try to understand the problem, you'll find attached the "ProjectModelio.zip" file. It is an empty project archive for Modelio 3.1.

Please, follow these steps:

1. Save this archive on your computer.
2. Open Modelio.
3. Go to "File -> Import a project..."
4. In the dialog box, select the ProjectModelio.zip file. (The ProjectModelio project should appear in the workspace view)
5. Open the ProjectModelio project.
6. Open the script view ("Views -> Script").
7. Copy/paste the following script into the Input field.
from java.lang import System
print System.getProperty("os.name")
print System.getProperty("user.home")
print System.getProperty("user.dir")
print System.getProperty("java.vendor")
print System.getProperty("java.home")
8. Please send us the result which appear in the output field.
9. Open the log ("help -> Open log file")
10. Send us the content of the log.
11. Place your cursor over log tab name, a tooltip should appear, could you send us its contents too.

Best regards,
ffe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #2527 by Celine
Hi,
When I copy/paste the script I get an internal error, see the screenshot.
I have found now where the .modelio directory is located,it's under my U network drive(\\...\users). You'll find attached the content of the modules directory and the log file.

BR
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2528 by ffe
Hi,

When I copy/paste the script I get an internal error, see the screenshot.

Have you opened the project before opening the script view and running the little script ? The script has to be run from within an opened project.

From your screenshot, it seems the project is not opened. Because the left panel shows the workspace view instead of the model one.

Best regards

5 years 8 months ago #2529 by Celine
Hi,
You're right the project has not been opened. When I try to open the project I get this error message: ''the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process''.
Modelio stored the ProjectModelio under my U network drive(drive mapped to my company network). Below the path of the file:
U:\modelio\workspace\ProjetModelio\data\localmodel\localmodel.dbf.0

How can I get modelio work on my C drive?

Thanks.
BR

5 years 8 months ago #2531 by pan
Does another people use the same network drive? It is possible that several users access the same file or maybe a network process scans these files and blocks their access.

For tests purpose can you change a key in the registry? Open the registry editor (registry.exe) and go HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\ and edit the Desktop variable (first, what is its value? Logically it should be U:\Desktop). Change it to C:\Users\Celine\Desktop

Please note that changing the registry key is not a real solution but only a temporary workaround in order to debug this problem.

When launching Modelio you can obtain more information about the application initialization by using this command line "modelio.exe -consoleLog -mdebug". It opens a command line with debug information.

It seems that the Java user home on Windows is the value of the Desktop key without the latest folder ("Desktop"). strange thing... ( More information about how Java gets the user home on windows ).

Let us know if it helps.
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #2532 by Celine
Hi,
Nobody uses the same network drive,Modelio can not access to the file even if the system is not connected on the network.
Modelio is working fine when I change the registy key Desktop.
Could you please tell me how I can sort out finally this issue?
BR

Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
^ Back to Top