question-circle how to create sequence diagram ?

6 years 8 months ago #1054 by asterix
hello,
I just downloaded the modelio v2.2.0
When I tried to create a diagram,in the diagram creation wizard I couldn't see the option for sequence diagram.

only 4 options are visible -
1.class diagram
2.deployment diagram
3.object diagram
4.use case diagram

I have started Modelio by running shell script modelio.sh from terminal.

here is the details about the program
Version: 2.2.0
Build Id: 2.2.0.201206151710
Core Id: 20120613
System: linux
Architecture: x86

please let me know if i need to install any extra module/plugin to enable the sequence diagram.

thanks and regards, Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #1056 by cde
Hi Asterix,

If you cannot create objects in your diagram, it's probably because it has been created without a 'context'...

The 'context' corresponds to the element to which the diagram will be associated. To select this context, simply drag and drop the desired element(for example, a package), or click on it to switch to ‘picking’ mode, or else use the CTRL-Space shortcut to obtain a list of available elements.
Certain diagrams can be created without a context, (Class, Deployment, Object and UseCase) but these diagrams without context will only allow elements to be unmasked but not to be created in them. That's what happen to you I guess...

The simplest way to create a Sequence diagram with a context is to launch the 'Create a diagram' command from the contextual menu of the element on which you want to create the diagram, the 'context' will then be filled automatically with this element...

Check the online help for more information about this diagram context feature :
http://forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio-user-manual-english/wiki/Modeler-_modeler_diagrams_creating_diagram

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: asterix

6 years 8 months ago #1068 by asterix
thanks for the answer.Now I am able to create the sequence diagram.
I wanted to model the function calls between two modules.For that I created two lifelines and when I tried to rename it with the name of modules, it is changes in the properties.But the updated name is not visible in diagram.
Similarly the name of messages and the arguments are also not getting updated in the diagram.

I am used to create sequence diagrams using EA primary for documentation purposes.
Modelio seems to be overly complex for creating simple sequence diagrams!!

The link that you provided is taking me to a login place, where my login credentials are not accepted.Is there a page openly available which describes how to create sequence diagram?

Thanks in advance, Don

6 years 8 months ago #1069 by pan
Hi,

It seems that the provided link has some strange characters. Try this link: http://forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio-user-manual-english-22/wiki/Modeler-_modeler_diagrams_creating_diagram .
This is the english manual .

Concerning the refresh problem, it seems that in some cases diagrams are not correctly updated ( http://www.modelio.org/forum/15-issues/1037-refresh-out-of-order.html#1044 ).

Hope this helps.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #1183 by cde
Hi,

I would just like to point out that this problem/confusion has been fixed in the latest version of Modelio ( 2.2.1 ), now the context of a diagram is its owner element. ‘no-context diagrams’ don’t exist any more...
Also the refresh problem has been fixed, see Modelio 2.2.1 change log for more information: forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio/wiki/Modelio_221

Best regards,
cde

Moderators: oslcde
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds
^ Back to Top