file How to create a class a diagramm?

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #913 by Tom-the-Tank
I have download the Modelio 2.1 - Windows (176.02 MB). Modelio started. I see the Full Perspective ( www.modelio.org/images/stories/gettin_st.../modelio_modeler.png ). I create a project. Ok, all perspektives are empty. But how can I create a class diagramm? I coudln't find any informationen about how to create a class diagramm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #914 by pan
Hi Tom,

You could take a look to the video tutorial " Create a UML diagram ". You should find the answer to your question.

There is more tutorials on our Youtube channel .

8 years 7 months ago #915 by fpo
Quick answer:
There are several ways to create a diagram (class or other):
- there is a command in the contextual menu of most of the tree views (UML Explorer, MDA explorer, Diagram Browser, ...)
- there is a button "create a diagram" in the main toolbar

Both will open the same wizard that let you choose the kind of diagram you want to create, along with a few more thing (the name of the diagram, its description, its context, etc).

Also a "default" class diagram should have been created and opened when you created the new project...

This page of the user manual describes it all:
forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio-user-...ams_creating_diagram

What bothers me is your sentence "all windows are empty". Actually, once you create a project, said project is automatically opened, and many of the views should have a content...

Please tell us if you have any luck creating a diagram

8 years 7 months ago #917 by Tom-the-Tank
No, sry no chance.

I have download a new version modelio-open-201203281815-win32.win32.x86 the checksum ist correct.
I start the programm
I create a new project. Now I get the Message: "ProConf : The network interface has no MAC address, cannot continue"
I switch to the full perspectiv and all perspective window are empty. All Context Menu are not available.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #920 by fpo
The initial error message that you get ("no MAC address") is the reason nothing else works... some users have had similar problems before, you might find some help in these threads:
www.modelio.org/forum/8-installation/832...cannot-continue.html
www.modelio.org/forum/7-general-help/319...?limit=6&start=6#590

As far as I can tell from these threads, some specific network interfaces (like VPN, USB broadband modems and some others) do mess with Modelio's strategy to get a valid MAC address (sorry, I don't know much more about this...).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom-the-Tank

8 years 7 months ago #930 by Tom-the-Tank
Thanks for the information and the help.

Modelio its not my uml programm, which I use in the future.

So I have look for a loot of free open source programm and so I think I will use StarUML in the future.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
^ Back to Top