file How to use Modelio from Eclipse

8 years 7 months ago #895 by senthilid14
Hi,

We are evaluating modelio open source tool for modelling in our new projects. We would like to use modelio in eclipse as many of our developers are familiar and want do modelling from eclipse itself.

Is there a plugin or something available to do the same thing?

Thanks & Regards
Senthil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #897 by osl
Hi Senthil,

Although Modelio is based on an Eclipse RCP, it is a standalone application, not an Eclipse plug-in.

However, Modelio is frequently used in conjunction with Eclipse: both work on the same source code organization.

If you have two screens, placing one tool (Modelio and Eclipse) on each screen makes it a very comfy solution (better than the clumsy all-in-one).

Best regards

Go pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: senthilid14

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #898 by osl
Here's a quite old video tutorial showing the combined use of Modelio and Eclipse:

www.modeliosoft.com/video/tutorial-1.2.html

best regards

Go pro

8 years 7 months ago #899 by fpo
I might add that this configuration (Modelio on one screen, Eclipse on the other, both working on the same project) is what I use everyday to work on the next version of Modelio.
It is indeed pretty simple and useful to be able to (re-)design and organize the model in Modelio using diagrams and the model explorer, generate the Java code then just switch to the other screen, write the methods implementation, etc in Eclispe, and then switch back to Modelio and update the model from the Java sources.

I guess working with a single monitor would imply some use of Alt+Tab to switch between Eclipse and Modelio, which I think will still be simpler and faster than switching perspectives and/or editor tabs inside Eclipse (leaving Eclipse in a pure development/implementation role, which it does best).
The following user(s) said Thank You: senthilid14

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
^ Back to Top