file how to load an existing project file?

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1505 by isidro
:unsure: I entered to the html tutorial but I couldn't found answer for my question
:oops: And unfortunately on my work we've youtube blocked therefore at this moment I can't enter to see youtube tutorial

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1506 by isidro

isidro wrote: Hi could anyone tell me please specifically which are the file extensions that modelio opens as a "project archive" and DFD?
I am making a comparison table for compatibility reason to take a team desition to select a UML tool and wich extensions could "open/import" and wich could "save/export" is a part of the data stored in it.
I'm looking for Info. without (etc...), I will appreciate it.

7 years 6 months ago #1507 by barbe.rousse
Hi isidro,

I guess that a quick reponse at the question "Which extensions Modelio could open/import and save/export" would be ".ofpx, .zip, .xmi, .uml".

But according to your future usage some format will not be relevant.

The .ofpx format is the native format used by Modelio and only Modelio can open/read/save at this format.
The .zip format is used by Modelio in order to archive project but you can using .tar, .7zip , etc. format and an external tool if you prefer.
The .uml and .xmi formats with their associated flavour i.e. EMF3.0, OMG2.1, OMG 2.2, etc. are used in order to exchange with other tools understanding UML but inthis case you must be aware of which format each tools support and the associated limitations (diagram loss for example.).

Hoping it helps,

BR
The following user(s) said Thank You: isidro

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
^ Back to Top