file how to load an existing project file?

7 years 9 months ago #654 by ekatebi
There is no file->open or file->project->open menus. There is a switch-workspace menu but it does not show my existing project file. And when I select the folder when the project file is located, nothing happens. Here is the version info of the app.

Version 2.1.1
Build Id: 2.1.1.201203210000
Core Id: 20120315

Regards, :(
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #655 by tma
A Modelio project can have differents representations.
If it's a zip file (exported by Modelio), you must use the "Import a project" command and select the zip file.
If it's a directory, the command "switch workspace" must select the parent directory in which the project is defined.

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #656 by ekatebi
Thanks for the reply.

I used file->import project... and it give me a dialog to select a file but my file (myproj.ofpx) does not get listed when I browsed to the folder. And when I typed it in, nothing happened.

-ed

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #657 by tma
The "import project" command allows to import a Modelio project from a zip file, not from a "ofpx" file.

Do you have only the "ofpx" file?
In this case, you must create a new project and use the "import model" command by selecting the ofpx file and import the project content from the ofpx file into the new project.

If your "ofpx" file is in a directory (see the previous capture: "MaLibrarie.ofpx" in the "MaLibrarie" folder), you must switch your workspace with the owner folder. In this case, Modelio displays the project in the "workspace" tab.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #667 by ekatebi
Project1.ofpx is the only file created also a couple of folders when I created a new project. I do not understand what you are suggesting for opening an existing project. Would you explain the steps? Isn't .ofpx the project file? Shouldn't the tool recognize the file type that itself has created? I can't think of any more basic functionality than file->open for an application.

Ed

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #668 by michaelp
Hi ekatebi,

As a user I understand your confusion, the same happened to me and my colleagues.

The only "official" way to import a project is to first export it, which makes a ZIP file, then import this ZIP archive in your new workspace.

I usually do it "by hand", simply copying the project folder in the workspace folder, or extracting an archive from another format there (bz2, 7z...). Then when you start up modelio again (it only scans the workspace at startup) the folder will appear in the list of projects.

Hope this helps,

Michaƫl
Praxeme Institute

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
^ Back to Top