lightbulb-o How do I quickly create several elements in a diagram?

7 years 1 month ago #639 by gipse
Hi

I am wondering if there is a way of creating several elements easily in a Modleio diagram.
With Objecteering, there was such an option, but it does not seem to be working with Modelio.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #640 by osl
Hello,

To quickly create multiple elements in a diagram, proceed as follows:
1. create the first element (say a Class)
2. select the Class, hold down the Ctrl key, and drag&drop the Class
--> the Class is duplicated as many times as you drag&drop it within the diagram

And that works for a multiple selection as well. Ctrl+drag&drop a multiple selection of Classes will create as many duplicates.

Now you may also want to be able to create links faster.
Modelio knows what kind of link is most likely to be needed for each kind of diagram. For example, in an Activity Diagram, the most common link is the Control Flow.
Here's how to quickly create Control Flows in an Activity Diagram.
1. Create a few Actions or Nodes
2. Hit the Space bar --> you enter the 'tool' mode and your cursor changes
3. Click on one of the elements in the diagram, then on a second --> you've just drawn a Conrol Flow

To make it short, it only takes [Space bar]+click+click to create a Control Flow in an Activity Diagram (no need to select the Control Flow creation button in the palette)

This will save you time hopefully :)

Go pro

7 years 1 month ago #646 by michaelp
You should think about "stickying" this topic and writing these tips on the Wiki... I've been using Modelio since 1.0 and I've just discovered this !

This will save me a hell of a lot of clicks :woohoo:

Michaƫl
Praxeme Institute

7 years 1 month ago #648 by pan
I think we could create a sticked topic "Hints and tips" summarizing the useful tips like this one.

7 years 1 month ago #682 by chm

osl wrote: To make it short, it only takes [Space bar]+click+click to create a Control Flow in an Activity Diagram (no need to select the Control Flow creation button in the palette)

This is only one of the creation shortcuts !

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds
^ Back to Top