file Sequence diagram, modelisation problem

7 years 11 months ago #54 by softmaroc
Hi all,

1.LifeLine can’t be renamed !!!!
2."Lost Message" and "Found Message" can't be created :) wow !!!
3.The value of the parameters are the simple « String » !!!! wow , not very serious, if you don't respect the signature of the operation, the audit says nothing !!

I send you my example, with the metamodel problem and correction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #55 by softmaroc
my example

7 years 11 months ago #56 by softmaroc
can't add file !
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #59 by ebr
Hi,

1) Do you try F2 or the element view? I am able to change the lifeline name.
When the represented field of a lifeline is fullfilled, the name of the lifeline is no more visible but you should be able to change it

2) The actual palette does not allow the creation of "lost" and "found" message (it should be in a future version ..). But according to your attachement named "metamodelmodelio.zip", it is possible by specifying the right "MessageKind" thanks to a script.

3)You are right the value is a simple string and it could be better. The value specification could be a tricky problem if you have complex type. All idea and proposal are welcomed.

Regards,
EBR.

7 years 11 months ago #60 by cma
Hello,

About the 3rd point, we intendedly chose to not follow the UML specification for the message parameters.
Filling each message parameter separately would have been too much cumbersome for the user. Some of them begin drawing sequence diagrams before designing the called method. They would have quickly abandoned the idea to fill message parameters at all.

Auditing the message signature requires to write a syntax checker that has to validate the number and the type of parameters. It would have for example to detect you have forgotten the quotes '"' on your first parameter. This is much work for little added value as sequence diagrams are not much used and no code is generated from it.

7 years 11 months ago #66 by cde

softmaroc wrote: 1.LifeLine can’t be renamed !!!!

About Lifeline renaming, check out this post .
The following user(s) said Thank You: pan, ffe

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
^ Back to Top