question-circle Have the same "BPMN SubProcess Diagram" used my multiples "BPMN SubProcess" elem

10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #6460 by CypBLANC
Hello,

I decided to use a BPMN Process diagram in order to represent the processing made by a procedural software and try to find my way into this one.
I wanted to use the subprocess possibility to represent the differents functions of the software.

Of course, some functions are called multiple times in the software and I was not able to find how to link a same "BpmnSubProcessDiagram" element to multiple "BpmnSubProcess" elements (or even to insert the same BpmnSubProcess element multiple times).
Is it even possible ?

You will find attached some pictures with diagrams usecases and my objects treeview to illustrate my point.

Thank you in advance !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 1 day ago #6461 by ebr
Hi CypBLANC,

I believe that a SubProcess is an internal part of a given process in other word a given SubProcess can not be shared between mutiple Processes.

But BPMN also define the Call Activity concept which it used to call or made a reference to an Activity (which can be a Process).

I made an example. Hopefully it is clear...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CypBLANC

9 months 2 weeks ago #6474 by CypBLANC
Sorry for this late answer.

I wanted to thank you @ebr .

This diagram element is exactly what I was looking for and allowed me to share a process being called my multiple other processes !
Such that I can make a process which call a process which call another process and so on.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
^ Back to Top