file XMI Export/Import - Problems in model coherence when imported from an XMI file

1 year 1 month ago #6379 by CValenci
Hey you all :)

I need to Export/Import a Modelio Model (using the SysML module) within the Modelio environment for different reasons. Since I'm using my IBDs to define architectural interactions between elements within a system, I need these interactions (Connections, Information Flows, Item Flows etc.) to be instantiated on the instances created within a certain Model (i.e. a certain connection to be instantiated between the ports of to given instances defined by an external block). This is easily done within a Modelio Project. However, if I export the model as an XMI file and then import it in a similar Modelio environment, these connections don't keep coherence with the original model, meaning that the connections between ports are now instantiated using the SysML Blocks instead of the Instances, hence losing its architectural definition (not being able to be represented within the system they belong).

Is there any solution for this?

On the other hand, it seems that all SysML elements lose their SysML properties when exported using XMI. This happens even if the SysML plugin is deployed in the workspace. Is there any way that I can avoid this from happening?

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #6381 by ebr
Dear Cristian,

We will dig this.
In the same time could tell us what is your Modelio and SysML version?
Could you share a model with us?

Best,
EBR

1 year 1 month ago #6383 by CValenci
Dear EBR,

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm currently using Modelio 4.1 and SysML Architect 3.10.0 (free version).
I cannot send you the model I'm working on. However, I can send you a simplified test model which presents the very same problem.

In the attached project there are 2 packages, one with the original model I want to export, and the other with the exported -and then imported- one. As you may realise, the tree structures are not coherent between them.

Sincerely,

Cristian
Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago #6384 by ebr
Many thanks for that Cristian.
We will llook at it.

EBR

1 year 1 month ago #6387 by ebr
Dear Cristian,

We looked into your example and you are right. XMI feature seems to have two issues:
1) SysML information are not correctly exported,
2) Connections export/import is not consistent.

We will create issues for that and let you know when they will be solved.

Best,
EBR

1 year 1 month ago #6391 by CValenci
Dear EBR,

Thank you for your answer.

Sincerely,
Cristian

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
^ Back to Top