question-circle What is the "channel" property in a communication channel element?

1 year 3 months ago #6253 by cluxter
Hi,

Technical details:
Version 4.1.00
Build Id : 202009292130
System : linux (5.9.1-arch1-1) 
Architecture : x86_64

I created some classes and instances.
I put these instances in a communication diagram, so now I have communication nodes in my diagram, which are basically instances of my classes.
I linked these communication nodes with communication channels.
Then I was able to add communication messages on my communication channels in order to show the methods invoked, with their parameters, and in which order.

I saw that there was a "SignalSignature" property in the communication messages. I created a signal element somewhere in the model, and then I was able to select this signal as the value of this "SignalSignature" property in my communication messages.

However, there is a "Channel" property on the communication channels, and I don't know how to use it. What is it supposed to reflect? How should we use it?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

cluxter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #6306 by cma
Hello,

The "channel" property allows you to connect the communication message to an instance link.

In this case you usually set the "Represented" property of each communication node to an instance or a "Part" of a class,
then you set the "channel" of the communication link to the instance link between the 2 represented instances.

See the attached screenshot for an example:

Regards,

CMA
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
^ Back to Top