question-circle Create generalization or dependency without diagram?

3 weeks 4 days ago #6027 by Robert Hairgrove
If I right-click on a class in the tree view and choose "Create element...", I can create an Association to another class which can be changed to Aggregation or Composition in the dialog which appears.

But if I want to create a generalization of, or a dependency to an existing class, I must first create a diagram, add both of the classes to the diagram, then make the generalization (or dependency), then delete the diagram or mask the classes if not wanted.

It seems to me that the mechanism for creating an association is not that different than creating a generalization, except perhaps for multiplicity and roles. If anything, it should be easier to create a generalization than an association without going through a diagram.

Or is there a way to do it that I haven't seen yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 2 days ago #6029 by ebr
Hi Robert,

Association is the only "link/relation",perhaps because its the most useful, which can be created from the model explorer.
All the other (Generalisation, Dependency, Implementation, Link, Connector, ControlFlow, Edge, etc.) can only be created in a diagram OR in the "Links Editor" (cf. screenshot).

So if you want to create a Generalisation between two classes your are not obliged to create a diagram. Ony the two classes are necessary.

Hoping it helps,
EBR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Hairgrove

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
^ Back to Top