file Hello World / Maven Project Tutorial

9 months 1 week ago #5992 by mjoy99
I am attempting to go through the tutorial for hello world as an attempt to learn about using Modelio with existing java projects. I am not familiar with Maven. When I go through the tutorial and try to run as Maven Install I get a slew of errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:4.1.0.00:module-validation (ModuleValidation) on project helloworld: Execution ModuleValidation of goal org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:4.1.0.00:module-validation failed: A required class was missing while executing org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:4.1.0.00:module-validation: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
[ERROR]

[ERROR] realm = plugin>org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:4.1.0.00
[ERROR] strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
[ERROR] urls[0] = file:/C:/Users/Maurice/.m2/repository/org/modelio/modelio-maven-plugin/4.1.0.00/modelio-maven-plugin-4.1.0.00.jar
[ERROR] urls[1] = file:/C:/Users/Maurice/.m2/repository/javax/enterprise/cdi-api/1.0/cdi-api-1.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[2] = file:/C:/Users/Maurice/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/sisu/org.eclipse.sisu.inject/0.3.2/org.eclipse.sisu.inject-0.3.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[15] = file:/C:/Users/Maurice/.m2/repository/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/commons-lang3-3.4.jar
[ERROR] Number of foreign imports: 1
[ERROR] import: Entry[import from realm ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]

My version of Modelio, me2 and JDK are newer compared to the tutorial. Can someone help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 4 weeks ago #6007 by ebr
Hi,

What are the verions of your Modelio? JDK? OS?

Thanks,
EBR

4 months 1 week ago #6286 by joset
Hi, i have the same problem with version 5.0.0.0

:-(

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #6308 by cma
Hello,

From the error message I guess you are using JDK 11 .

'modelio-maven-plugin' uses the JAXB library, which has been removed from JDK since version 11.

Modelio is delevopped with Java 8 and is not compatible with Java 11.
The only solution for the moment is to use JDK 8 to make a Modelio module.

Regards,

CMA
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjoy99

1 month 1 week ago #6376 by mjoy99
I will have to check this out. It has been a steep learning curve recently with Maven, different JDKs and decency libraries. Forgot all about this. Will need to go back and look at it again.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds
^ Back to Top