check Grouping use cases

3 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #5957 by Robert Hairgrove
Within a single use case diagram, I would like to put some use cases in groups - either with some kind of frame containing a text caption, or even just a simple rectangle.

What is the best way to do this? Up to now, I have tried using a drawing element rectangle, but it is not easy to get it to position properly if I also have "Show system boundary" activated, because it covers up the use cases unless I send it to the background, then I cannot select it with the mouse if the system boundary is also visible. So I have to hide the system boundary if i want to select the rectangle. But hiding the system boundary also hides all of the use cases, so I cannot see how to resize the rectangle properly.

Another problem is that with the rectangle properly in place, I try to draw the association from the actor to the use case. Before, it is drawing properly as a straight line. But after this, it wants to display an "Orthogonal" (i.e. jointed) and shows all of the multiplicity "0..1", etc. So I have to hide them for each line which is very cumbersome, of course.

Perhaps if I did this in a different order? I am attaching a screenshot to illustrate the problem.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 4 days ago #5968 by ebr
Hi, you can maybe regroup your use case inside package.

Concerning the layout of the association, I do not reproduce it. What is your os? Version of Modelio?

Best,
EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Hairgrove

3 weeks 2 days ago #5976 by Robert Hairgrove
Modelio Version 4.0.01
Build: 202001292132
System: linux (5.3.0-62-generic)
Architecture: x86_64

My OS: Linux Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic)

Thanks for looking into the issue.

2 weeks 4 days ago #5983 by Robert Hairgrove
I have decided that for this particular model, using a background rectangle is better than using a package. If I do not choose to show the system boundary, it works OK.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 41.203 seconds
^ Back to Top