question-circle Show/Hide system boundary

3 weeks 6 days ago #5956 by Robert Hairgrove
I am using version 4.0 of Modelio on Linux/Ubuntu 18.04.

In a use case diagram, I can create actors and use cases without showing the system boundary at first. If I check the option "Show System Boundary" in the diagram properties, the rectangle is shown OK. When I uncheck it, it hides the enclosing rectangle, but also all of the use cases inside it are then hidden!

Is there a way to alter this behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago #5958 by Robert Hairgrove
Another thing I noticed - "Show System Boundary" does not show the frame of the parent package unless it is the very top-level package in the model. Is this the intended behavior?

3 weeks 6 days ago #5959 by Robert Hairgrove
Another weirdness - I started over and created all of the use cases, actor, and relationships before checking the "Show System Boundary" box. Now the use cases are not hidden when I uncheck it; however, I added a constraint to one of the use cases, and this one is hidden when the system boundary is shown, but shown when the system boundary is hidden... The little line connecting the constraint to the use case is shown, however.

Screenshots are attached.
Attachments:

3 weeks 6 days ago #5960 by Robert Hairgrove
As a quick fix, I was able to select the system boundary frame and set the "Fill mode" to "Transparent" in the properties.

3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #5961 by Robert Hairgrove
Unfortunately, after I saved the model and exited the program, when I re-opened it, the option "Show System Boundary" now hides everything inside it once again if I uncheck it. :(

3 weeks 4 days ago #5970 by ebr
Hi Robert,

Many thanks for highlighting this inconsistency. We are looking at it, to sse if we can found a scenario to reproduce it.

Best,
EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Hairgrove

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 37.048 seconds
^ Back to Top