file multilingual support

1 month 1 week ago #5834 by Mulugeta
The key feature I am looking for Medelio to change the text from one language to another language, For example from Chinese to English to German.....

In general: I am asking for multilingual support for 2 things:

-Text within the Models
-Text within Application

Thank You!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 6 days ago #5840 by ebr
Hi Mulugeta,

Right now, you are able to launch Modelio in English or French (i.e. changing the text within the application) by using -nl argument following by, respectively, "en" or "fr".
Of course, this would be possible to change the text in any other language but we need a translation of all text within Modelio. Are you volunteer?

Concerning the text within the models, if you to do so you have to export all the model in some way (world document for example), translate it and reimport it so not really straightforward.

Hoping it helps,
EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mulugeta

1 month 5 days ago #5844 by Mulugeta
Hi RBR, Thank you so much!

Yes, regarding to changing the text within the application is clear and understand now.
But, I want to be able to show the model's text in multiple languages where the user can select to view it.

For example, my Model diagram display in English like this: "Start Work" ---> "Automated Procedure" --> "Validate Results" when I try to Edit the model, the text display can be in Chinese, German..... that is I am looking for it.

if make sense, please advise!

Thanks again!

1 month 5 days ago #5848 by pan
Currently, Modelio does not offer this kind of feature.
I guess that a module could do the job.
Actually, your need makes sense.

4 weeks 2 days ago #5853 by Mulugeta
Hi

Currently, we are evaluating different business process modeling systems and looking best tools to meet our requirements. For Modelio we decide on using that we will translate the application from English to other language e.g. Chinese (Simplified) and seek to work with the developers on extending it.

So, my question is what would be needed to add the multi-lingual display feature?

I’m looking for a tutorial and developer documentation showing about editing model’s text.

I would like to get any feedback or suggestions related to edit model’s text.

Thanks with best regards,

Mulugeta

4 weeks 2 days ago #5858 by pan
Hi mulugeta,

The developer's api guide is available here: forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio3-modu...manuals-api-400/wiki
This guide: forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio3-modu...ls-devguide-400/wiki allows to start creating a module.
All the needed guides are accessible from there: www.modelio.org/documentation-menu/developer-api.html

For changing the name of a model element you just have to use the setName method: www.modelio.org/documentation/javadoc-4....me-java.lang.String-

Maybe you could use Notes for storing translated message or maybe Properties or even external resources.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
^ Back to Top