check [Solved] Unable to make changes in a model after a NullPointerExeception

2 years 3 hours ago #5293 by Ralf Ebert
Yes, your first thought was right. Closing all windows the error don't occur. I'll try to find the diagram which creates the problem. Is there a way to import diagrams with all need elements automatically into a new project?
This means: I open a new project and import the problematic diagram of the old project into the new one. Modelio gathers all elements of the model which are need to show the diagram automatically.

If tried this in the past I must select all need elements manually because I got uncomplete diagrams otherwise. I was also not able to import the wanted elements after imprting the diagram step b step but I must import all parts in one time ...

Best regards
Ralf Ebert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 hours ago #5294 by pan
It helps to go further.

If you select a diagram, all the needed elements will not be imported automatically.
For a Sequence diagram, you have to import at least the Interaction owner. In the Sequence diagram, you can have instances based on Classes and Messages invoking Operations, these Classes and Operations will not be imported automatically.

Do you have a lot of sequence diagrams ?

2 years 2 hours ago - 2 years 2 hours ago #5295 by Ralf Ebert
What do you mean with 'a lot of sequence diagrams'? I have ca. 100 sequence diagrams in my model ...

2 years 2 hours ago #5298 by pan
It seems that a Sequence diagram is problematic. You have to find the erratic Sequence diagram.
If you had only one Sequence diagram, it would be easy to find it. If you have hundred of diagrams it will be more complicated...

This is how I would proceed:
- Close Modelio
- In a windows explorer, create a new directory which will be a new workspace
- Copy the directory of your project in this new workspace
- Open Modelio and switch the workspace to this new workspace directory
- Open the project
- Delete all elements that are not related to sequence diagrams
- If possible, delete all non sequence diagrams
- delete the sequence diagrams you are sure they were not opened previously in your project
(The original model would stay untouched so you can get back to work with it without losing your data)

The point is to identify and restrict the model to the elements which are causing problems.
Open the sequence diagram(s) and try to find the erratic one. We need to find what is problematic on this diagram.

In this case, perhap's you will be able to share the project with us because the big part of your model would deleted?

2 years 1 hour ago #5299 by Ralf Ebert
Hi,

thank you for your suggestion.

Yes, if I have stripped down the model to the problematic diagram I think it will be no problem to share it.

Best regards
Ralf Ebert

1 year 11 months ago #5300 by Ralf Ebert
Hi pan

I've imported the relevant elements into a new project and exported it in < app.box.com/s/pftoog4k774au9jsvadllffls0lyxzl3 >.
Maybe the download button will be hidden by a message with a green background. In this case you must close the message and you will find the button in the upper right corner. You must neither Sign Up to box nor Log In to get the file.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Open Model
  2. Try to add a note to the left lifeline in the open document

I hope, you are able to reproduce my problem also

Best Regards
Ralf Ebert

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds
^ Back to Top