file 'Select in Explorer' in sequence diagram

2 weeks 20 hours ago - 2 weeks 20 hours ago #5075 by Ralf Ebert
Hi

in opposite to diagrams like class diagrams and state machine diagrams I'm not able to select a diagram in explorer using the context menu in the diagram editor. How can I select the diagram in the explorer without searching the diagram in die diagram register?

I'm also not able to select any part of a sequence diagram in the explorer ...

Used version:
Version 3.7.01
Build: 201803142330
System: linux (4.4.0-93-generic)
Architecture: x86_64

Best regards
Ralf Ebert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago #5086 by ebr
Hi,

This seems to be an issue with Modelio. You can add it here in order to follow its resolution.

A workaround would be to use a script for this.

Cheers,

EBR

1 week 5 days ago #5091 by pan
Actually elements present in a sequence diagram are not shown in the explorer so you cannot select them from the diagram.

1 week 5 days ago #5092 by Ralf Ebert
Sorry, that is not correct: Lifelines are stored in the packet local as bindable instances and so indeed shown in the explorer ...

Because I split long sequence diagrams in smaller parts and use the same lifelines in these parts to synchronize their names in an easy way, it will be very helpful to find the bindable instance connected to the lifeline quickly

1 week 5 days ago #5093 by pan
Lifelines are not BindableInstances so Lifelines are not shown in the explorer however there is a relationship RepresentedInstance (as shown here: www.modelio.org/documentation/metamodel-...0.html#toc1.3.1.4.11 ). You are right, Instances are shown in the explorer but they are not Lifelines.
I think Lifeline in the diagram view should have a command "Select represented element in the explorer". It is a missing a feature but not an issue.

1 week 5 days ago #5094 by Ralf Ebert
Thank you for explaining. Is it possible for you, to change the tracker of ticket 341 from Issue to Evolution?

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
^ Back to Top