file Custom Archimate stereotype not accessible

5 months 2 weeks ago #4855 by makugel123
I'm working primarily with Archimate and have successfully created many (local) stereotypes for various metatypes within my model but have encountered a problem creating these for Artifact elements. All seems ok when stepping thru the 'Create Stereotype' dialog
.. but then when attempting 'Add Stereotype' option on an actual Artifact element within my diagram the newly created stereotype is not available for selection.
I've repeated this using various stereotype names and including/excluding images seems to also have no impact.

I notice that the metaclass name is not qualified inside that dialogue so wondering if this issue is somehow related to a clash with the (Standard) metaclass of the same name 'Artifact' .. rather than the intended (Archimate) Artifact metaclass ??
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #4859 by ebr
Hi,

You are right the issue comes from the faxct that there is two Artifact metaclasses (One from the UML standard and one from Archimate).

To solve it you have to qualified the metaclasse name by adding the "Archimate." prefix.

Hoping it helps,

EBR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
^ Back to Top