file Modelio 3.7 performance issues

4 days 19 hours ago #4805 by jwinters-freal
Greetings..
Anyone else having problems running 3.7? I upgraded from 3.6, and now the tool is close to unusable after about 15 minutes of use. I'm afraid I'm going to have to back out and return to 3.6 (sigh) if I can't find the cause of this quickly...

What info do you I need to provide?

Thanks,
Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 days 19 hours ago #4807 by cde
Hi Jason,

On which platform are you using Modelio ?

Can you try to add the following options to your modelio shorcut in order to increase the JVM memory ?
-vmargs -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m

best regards,
cde.

4 days 19 hours ago #4809 by jwinters-freal
Okay,
platform: win7 64bit, 32 gigs ram, i76820HQ

I tried the options listed above, and it didn't help. As another couple of data points:
it seems to affect the model, not the menus
If I click on one activity and move it, then select another, nothing happens for about 10-30 seconds. At this point, if I try and close the program, I get a popup saying "operation in progress".

Thanks,

Jason

4 days 18 hours ago #4810 by jwinters-freal
I just tried reverting to 3.6, and it's working properly. So sadly, it appears to be something in the 3.7, and not a change in my machine (well, had to try, didn't I?).
Thanks,
Jason

4 days 18 hours ago #4811 by pan
Jason,

Can you share your project with us?

4 days 18 hours ago #4812 by jwinters-freal
Uhm.. Sadly, no, I can't share. This is a company project.

However, I do have a bit more information now. It may not be related to performance in general, but a bug in duplicating a diagram.
I restored from a previous checkpoint, before my latest changes, and it's working again.
What I did before this showed up was copy a diagram (copy element, paste element). Apparently I still don't have a good grasp on how this is supposed to work, as it did not do what I expected (creating new elements instead of just new references). I realized my mistake, and deleted the copied diagram and created a new diagram to redo part of the previous diagram.
That was the last thing I did before getting pulled onto another project for awhile, and when I came back, I had the issues listed here.
I've reverted to a previous version, and it's working again...
Bug? Feature? Idiot user? :}
Thanks,
Jason

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds
^ Back to Top