check [Solved] Representation-mode: User-defined image

5 days 8 hours ago - 49 minutes ago #4803 by makugel123
I'm new to Modelio, primarily using the Archimate module and can't figure how to set a 'User-defined image' when selecting that as Representation Mode for an element. Currently if I select that mode I get 'no-image' text on my diagram.

Note that I have managed to setup a stereotype to have both an 'explorer' icon (16x16) and Diagram image (48x48) so I have successfully used the Representation Mode of 'Image' but I am now keen to know how to setup a 'User-defined image' .. and also, to know what size restrictions might exist for that option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 45 minutes ago #4804 by ffe
Hi Makugel,

You can set "User defined image" of the selected element in the properties view.

1. Open the properties view
2. select the "Element" tab.
3. Choose the Modeler Module
4. Set your image path in the "User defined image" property.

Best regards,
Attachments:

4 days 9 hours ago #4818 by makugel123
Many thanks ffe but I can't see that Property mentioned (as per the picture below) and I'm unsure how I can add or define new properties?

As a side point here I'd be very keen to know how to add properties to custom-defined stereotypes. Apologies again if this is basic stuff but I'm very new to the tool.
Attachments:

3 days 16 hours ago #4824 by cde
Hi makugel123,

The "User defined image" property is missing on the ArchiMate elements, we'll fix that in the next version of the Modeler Module.

Concerning your second question about creating properties on custom-defined stereotypes, this is done using the "Create element" on the custom stereotype:

Hope this helps,
cde.
Attachments:

21 hours 20 minutes ago #4825 by cde
Hi makugel123,

The "User defined image" tagged value has been added for Archimate elements in the new version of Modeler Module 8.8.10.

To get it, just open the "Configuration\Modules catalog..." window and click on the "Check for new versions..." command.

Once you've added the Modeler Module 8.8.10 to your catalog, deploy it in your project by using the "Add..." command of the "Configuration\Modules..." window.

Best regards,
cde.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
^ Back to Top