file Auto Save feature

2 years 5 months ago #4678 by samo
Hi team,
I am new to modelio. Thanks for the work in this tool.
I am interested particulary on the usage of Java Designer and have couple of questions:
Is there a way to automatically save the model I am working on rather than having to hit the Save button every time ?
I notice that my JavaDoc comment sometimes disappear from the designer and so I had to re-do and Save after every change.
Also is there a way to automatically sync the Java Code on every save, so that I don't have to Generate the java code on demand? This way I can automatically see my changes applied in the code, and vice versa.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #4690 by ebr
Hi again samo,

Concerning your issue with the JavaDoc, have you a scenario to reproduce it?

Unfortunatly, JavaDesigner (and all Modelio extension) are not able to listen the "Save" event so it not possible to generate code when saving your model. So concerning the synchonisation between your code and your model, how would you do that?
If you are working on both model and code at the same time, you would like to be able to listen to any saving (at model or code level) and respectively generate or reverse code according to what have been save? What happen if your Java code contains error? The reverser must be able to reverse it any way? Do you want to generate the code for each change in the model even if your are still working on it? It will slow down your development.

Usually when you are working, your are making changes (a few or a lot maybe) but at some point you have finished the changes you wanted (a fix, a new architecture, etc.) and at this point, and only a this point, you want to synchronise both code and model, don't you think so?

Cheers,
EBR

2 years 5 months ago #4699 by samo
Thanks for your reply. Yes, i agree with you.
just to explain, I was only thinking of a lot simpler thing really. I wanted just an auto save feature to the model only, not necessarily auto save which generates the code.This way i don't lose any model changes if the application crashes (it did happen). I only hit the generate code button when I need to as you said..

I requested for this feature in the requests section.. not sure if how many people would think its worth it.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds
^ Back to Top