file Good format for import

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4665 by Wiebe
[Not sure why this ended in Website section, please feel free to move to general]

I'm looking for a good program to import an automatically generated class hierarchy. I'd say Modelio would do just fine. I'm completely new to Modelio, so please bare with me. Hope it makes some sense. Any help appreciated.

At the moment, I automatically generate files. The current format is (XML based) GraphML. I use it with GraphED. It's no problem changing it...

In the long run, a custom plug-in might be desirable. As I understand this is available for at least Java at the moment, and that the plug-in API is extendable.

Can anyone recommend a method so I can:
1) create my class hierarchy from my environment (LabVIEW)
2) opens as class diagram (or class diagrams) in Modelio

I know this is a brought question. Any advice would be useful. Files, API's (ActiveX, .NET., DDE), anything goes really...

In GraphED (used to open the GraphML), I could create the hierarchy (classes+relations), and GraphED would handle the positioning\graphics. GraphED is made for graphs, so I understand it's something completely different then Modelio. But is there any way to generate a class hierarchy and let Modelio generate class diagrams? Maybe some auto-class-diagram-report or something? It's easy to generate the hierarchy, but not so easy to calculate positions for all the objects in a class diagram.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #4695 by ebr
Hi Wiebe,

Actually Modelio supports XMI import which allow import of UML model at XMI format (including class model)
And the Modelio JavaDesigner extention allow the automatic creation of several kind of class diagram.

I would recommend you to take a look at both of them (XMI and JavaDesigner). This would be a starting point in order to know what is possible under Modelio.

Best,
EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiebe

1 year 10 months ago #4705 by Wiebe
Both look very promising (and a bit intimidating). I'll have to dive into it, but it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thanks,
Wiebe.

1 year 10 months ago #4708 by ebr
Ok please take a look at them and let us know what you found...

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
^ Back to Top