file [Solved ]Unmasking and deleting

3 years 3 weeks ago #3578 by ebr
Thanks for the suggestion, they are always welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 weeks ago #4621 by triehm
Such a message would have been very helpful for me as well.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5241 by Håkan
I am new to Modelio, but not to modeling. I agree with the originator of this thread, Deleting a symbol when working on a diagram should not mean deleting it from all other diagrams.
Be that as it may.
- How do I remove a symbol from a diagram without removing the element from the model and all other diagrams? Is that what the Mask command really means? If not, how do I Unmask what I masked earlier? That is, does Mask mean remove from diagram, or does it mean hide for now, until I unhide later?

(On the issue of deleting diagram symbols or model elements, maybe you should consider the approach taken by Good Ole' Visio. And I mean old Visio, when it still had a real (though limited) UML modeling capability. As I recall there was a user preference setting. Either, like Modelio, delete element when deleted in a diagram, or remove from diagram but keep element if it is present on another diagram.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5242 by ebr
Dear Hakan,

Masking an Element from a diagram means deleting its representation from the current diagram. It does not delete the Element from the model or its representation from other diagrams.

The only solution to Unmak what you masked earlier is to use the undo command, i.e. Ctrl + Z, before saving your changes.

If you have saved your changes you must drag and drop your element from the model explorer into the diagram.

This discussion "Unmasking against deleting" occurs from time to time.
For Modelio, deleting an Element means remove it from the model whatever the context is (diagram, model explorer, API, etc.).
Your idea about a preference setting could be a good idea to handle that.

Hoping it helps and thanks,
EBR

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
^ Back to Top