file Modelio Chat Group?

3 years 8 months ago #3773 by wolffborg1
Are there any real-time chat groups for Modelio community members?

If not, I don't really have a preference but can we setup a chat room for the general Modelio user community?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #3781 by Fieran
I'd be keen on this too -- the forum is good, the moderators are responsive, but if community members can help each other real time that would be good too ---it might compromise the value of the forum though --- pluses and minuses on this one

3 years 8 months ago #3787 by pan
Actually, there is a "General discussions" mailing list that can be used but it is not used very often. The mailing list is an interesting compromise because it allows to be notified instantly by email and the reply can be done immediatly.

I am not sure that a chat is more effective because users need to be connected to the chat all the day to be notified about questions.

You can check the Modelio community mailing lists .
There is 3 lists :
- Announcement (read-only list. It is used only for Modelio announcements, news and releases)
- General discussions
- Development

You can check the Mailing list guidelines .

BR

3 years 8 months ago #3812 by wolffborg1
Yes, wasn't suggesting a replacement of your mailing lists or forums. I have participated in many online communities where users "hangout" and discuss things they are working on with the product.

Anyway, happy to let it slide.

3 years 8 months ago #3813 by pan
We understand that you are not suggesting to replace them. We are only explaining that we already have two communication channels (plus the social networks).
We are not convinced that adding a new communication channel will help users and will be more effective.

Personnally I don't know chat rooms for software developments. The main interaction channels are forums and mailing lists. If you have some examples of chat rooms for products development, could you send them to me by private message?

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
^ Back to Top