check [SOLVED] NullPointerException - ColorAndFontProviderImpl.getCurrentTheme

3 years 11 months ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #3768 by jmfavre
Bonjour,

I'm running modelio 3.3.1 on ubuntu 14.04 and I get a LOT of exception like that.
Really a lot. Is this a known problem?
At the beginning I thought it was related to my diagram styles but it happen even when I start in a new workspace.
Any idea? That would be cool because I still have some exceptions but they are hidden into the long list of generated by getCurrentTheme.

java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.ui.internal.themes.ColorAndFontProviderImpl.getCurrentTheme(ColorAndFontProviderImpl.java:51)

Many thanks!
Jean-marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #3771 by chm
Hi jmfavre,

It is a known problem, fixed in Modelio 3.4.0 as far as I remember.
Nothing to do with diagram styles, it was coming from the RCP's theme mecanism...

As a workaround for this problem, you could edit modelio's installation a little: in the "plugins" subdirectory, delete the "org.eclipse.ui.themes" plugin. You'll have a trace about it not being found anymore when starting modelio, but the annoying stack traces should be gone without further impact...

Hope this helps,

chm
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

3 years 11 months ago #3795 by jmfavre
I've moved to and the exception does not appear any more :up

I was refering to the "styles" because not only because of the proximity with "theme" in the error messages but also because I've experienced a lot of trouble with "styles" on Unbuntu. It was working on windows (at least on previous version). Possibly the other exception was causing some trouble (?). Let's see if I still have problem with this on 3.4.1

Many many thanks. :up

4 months 4 weeks ago #5673 by scdroid13
Before one start solving this issue, you need to understand what is NPE, When does NullPointerException occur.
See this guide: https://www.hows.tech/2019/06/exception-in-thread-main-java-lang-nullpointerexception-java.html

Now as a solution to this:
you need to modify a little of modelio installation in the "plugins" folder, Remove the "org.eclipse.ui.themes" that is it.

4 months 3 weeks ago #5676 by pan
Actually, this should not happen anymore on Modelio 3.8 as the themes are no more present.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
^ Back to Top