lightbulb-o [Solved] Inner structures of components

8 years 10 months ago #343 by Pope
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a "component diagram" using the "class diagram" functionality of modelio, in the same way as shown in the fifth example diagram of the "class diagram" (see attched file), i.e. with components as part of other components, where all components are represented by the UML component notation.

But when I add a "sub"component to an existing component, I only get a text representation of the "sub"component. (see screenshot)

How can I change the representation of the "Sub"components and model their interactions among each other?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Pope
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #344 by chm
Hi!

To change the representation of sub components, you should go to the symbol view after selecting your component.

In 'Component - Inner elements', switch the 'Display mode' to 'Diagram' instead of 'List'. Then, create your new components or unmask the existing ones in the inner zone, it should do the trick. :)

EDIT: according to your diagram, you should use instances typed by components instead of the components themselves. They are part of the 'Internal structure' zone, but display mode works the same for them.

Hope this helps,
chm
Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #350 by Pope
Hi chm,

thanks for your Help!
Your solution works perfectly for me, even though I don't understand what "instances typed by components" means...

Cheers,
Pope

8 years 10 months ago #352 by barbe.rousse
Hi Pope,

In fact your 'class_diagram' example does not represent a component containing three sub or nested components, it represents a component named 'VideoSession' containing three parts or instances typed by components.

The difference is the same with a class containing a sub class or a class containing an attribute typed by a class.

Hoping it helps.

BR.

8 years 10 months ago #354 by chm
barbe.rousse said almost everything... :)

There is also a video tutorial about manipulating instances, How to create object diagrams and instances . It works the same in a class diagram.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
^ Back to Top