exclamation-circle Create a Grid in Class

7 years 11 months ago #2961 by Tk93
Hi, I am fairly new to the software and i ma trying to create an architecture of a system with SYSML package. I created a class diagram and associated with another class diagram.

I am unable to figure out 2 things,
1) How to remove the "+" sign when i rename the association of the classes. I have attached and highlighted the Part where you can see it.

2) I need a grid of columns and rows inside the class so can someone please help me fetch that tool with which i can create that aspect in the class.

I NEED HELP SO THAT I CAN DECIDE TO BUY THIS SOFTWARE OR NOT. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2962 by barbe.rousse
Hi,

First of all if your new in UML/SysML design to not hesitate to take look at UML and SysML specifications, they will quickly become bibles to you ;) .

Concerning 1) the "+" sign means that the end of your association, and not your association, is public. This is part of the UML specification. Take a look at my attachment named 1.png in order to see how to deal with the association definition thanks to the Element view.

Concerning 2) UML is a graphical language i.e. the graphical representation has a meanning as the "+" sign. As depicted in my second attachment, 2.png, a class can have several rows but each of them have a reason, a meanning. So why do you want a Grid in a class ? Could you draw a more detailled example with a fulfilled grid?

Regards,

BR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tk93

7 years 11 months ago #2963 by Tk93
Hey i need something like this. I am trying to create a architecture for a power system and i felt using this tool must be best. Classes are the only diagrams i can see which i can use for this.
Please check the attachment for more details on how i want my classes.
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #2965 by barbe.rousse
Hi,

Could you describe in a textual form, i.e. list the existing element, their relation, etc., what you want to model with your picture. Because the picture is a little small and I do not understand it.

If you want to modelyour power system with UML or SysML, the layout will be different for sure. Please find here an article where the authors use SysML to represent a power system. I am not sure that it fits your need but it will at least show you the different SysML diagrams.

Hoping it helps,

BR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tk93

7 years 11 months ago #2967 by Tk93
okay so let me explain it clearly please :)
Firstly thanks for being so patient.

I need to design the components for a power system, and we are trying to represent components in the system as classes and functional aspects of this class in the grid are the working functions of the system.

so i need to create a series of rows and columns to write the functions of the system in them and associate it with other systems.
The difficult part here is every time i have to draw a rectangle and use LINE in FREE DRAWING to make these grids. Please check the attachment for a clear view.

Don't bother with the system and components, i myself don't clearly know it yet.(LOL)
So all i want to know is, Is there a way to create these grids automatically inside the class or i have to draw with rectangles and lines.
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #2968 by barbe.rousse
Modelio do not provide any service for this. Your rectangles and lines do not have any UML or SysML meaning so you have to do it by yourself...

Regards,

BR

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
^ Back to Top