file [Solved] How to Use Online Resources

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #2383 by rayj
I am learning to use this tool. I have gone throught the user manual and videos.

I would like to find out how to use details. All the help topics I find address top level menu items. I would like to find out how to get to details.

For example: I want to create a value type in a block under SysML. I am able to find 'value type' on the menue. But I do not find details on how to access this element to provide associated data.

Where can such details be located?

{I appreciate the support I get in the forums. But I would like to learn how to fish for myself.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #2398 by ebr
This kind of details should be located in the SysML documentation, I guess.
If you use the free version of SysML, you will found the associated documentation here , for the SysML commercial documentation you should find it directly under Modelio in the Help menu.

Hoping it helps,

EBR

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #2408 by rayj
EBR,

Yes, that is the user manual I have been using. Since I could not find the information in the free package, I downloaded the commercial version for a 10 day trial and found no additional information.

I hope Softeam would not purposefully remove information from a user manual to make the product less useable.

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #2412 by ebr
Hi again Rayj,

We do not remove information from a user manual to make the product less useable but we add information when features are added...

The kind of information you are looking for are really difficult to put on a simple user guide. Because when you said that you wanted to "create a value type in a block" in fact you wanted "to create a UML2 Property under a SysML Block and then set the ValueType as its type".

So for SysML modelling, you have to learn a little bit of UML , a lot of SysML and maybe taking a look a one or two examples or courses.

Of course our documentation is not perfect so any feedbasck (detailled as much as possible ) are welcomed.

Regards,

EBR

6 years 1 week ago #2417 by rayj
EBR,

Thank you.

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds
^ Back to Top