file Type of Links for Package Diagrams

6 years 7 months ago #2372 by rayj
I would like to link packages in a package diagram. In the 'Package' menu on the diagram tab, there are 6 link types displayed. Modelio will accept only one type for packages. That is the 'Generalization or InterfaceRealization'. But when trying to place the link, Modelio allows me to select the origin (any package) but will not link to any other model element. I have tried linking to packages and blocks but Modelio only 'pins' routing points, it never lets me terminate the link.

I really want to use a namespace containment link but I don't see that as a choice. What are the link types I can use for packages, where are they located, and how do I use them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #2375 by tma
Hi rayj,

I would like to link packages in a package diagram. In the 'Package' menu on the diagram tab, there are 6 link types displayed. Modelio will accept only one type for packages. That is the 'Generalization or InterfaceRealization'. But when trying to place the link, Modelio allows me to select the origin (any package) but will not link to any other model element. I have tried linking to packages and blocks but Modelio only 'pins' routing points, it never lets me terminate the link.

I think the available links are in the "Imports links" group.

I really want to use a namespace containment link but I don't see that as a choice. What are the link types I can use for packages, where are they located, and how do I use them?

You should modify the representation mode to have the containment link. Choose the "simple" mode for the selected package.

tma
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

6 years 7 months ago #2384 by rayj
tma,

Thank you for your help. I followed the directions you provided. Selecting the element and going to representation mode, I was able to choose the "simple" mode. But I saw no way to get the symbol shown in the example:
The containment is a circule with a plus sign in it. It is in the example but I don't see it in the menues or a way to change it.

6 years 7 months ago #2393 by tma
In my example, the "Types" package is included in the "SysML tutorial" package. When I display them with the "Simple" mode, the "containment" link appears automatically. Perhaps, you can unmask the parent before and choose the "Simple" mode. After, you unmask the children.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds
^ Back to Top