file [Solved] SysML Symbol Compliance with OMG Spec

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2359 by rayj
I have noticed some of the link symbols available in the diagram palette don't seem to match the OMG spec. Since SysML is a language, it would seem to be appropriate to use the SysML spec 'words' (symbols) in the diagrams.

Am I missing something in how to use Modelio?
Is there a way for users to redefine link symbols?

Some examples:
The Modelio aggregation link is an open diamond at one end and an arrow at the other.
The OMG definition of this symbol is an object node composition path.

The Modelio composition link is a closed diamond at one end and an arrow at the other.
The OMG definition of this symbol is an activity composition path.

Diagram Types:
I don't see a package diagram type in the list of diagrams for SysML. What are some ways to address this and what are the associated considerations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #2360 by tma
Hi rayj,

Am I missing something in how to use Modelio?
Is there a way for users to redefine link symbols?

I'm not sure what you want to do? Can you give an example?

Diagram Types:
I don't see a package diagram type in the list of diagrams for SysML. What are some ways to address this and what are the associated considerations?

You can create the package diagram with the context menu.

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #2365 by rayj
tma,

Thank you. I got the package diagram function from the context menue. I could use some help in remembering how to get to this spot the next time. In the 'model' tab, the first entry is the project name. The next entry is the same name but has the required context menu functinality. What is this second level called?

I'm not sure what you want to do? Can you give an example?

I thought I had a problem with the symbol compliance of Modelio vs. OMG SysML. But now they look fine.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #2368 by tma

In the 'model' tab, the first entry is the project name. The next entry is the same name but has the required context menu functinality. What is this second level called?

Your project contains several work models , local libraries and remote libraries : this is the first level.

Each model (work models, local libraries or remote libraries) contains:
- the SysML model (or UML model)
- the analysis model. If you use a commercial version of Modelio, you can create requirements, dictionaries, goals and business rules.
- extensions (profiles and stereotypes) used to refine your model

This roots are the second level.

An example:

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #2370 by rayj
tma,

Thank you for the details. Those pages didn't mean anything to me until you put them in context.

Moderators: tma
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
^ Back to Top