file State Machine v.2.0.1

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #230 by michok34
Not exactly :)
If you simply DnD the statemachine from model explorer into a SM diagram, it graphically creates an element that looks like a submachine state. If I right-click->select in explorer it doesn't open the diagram but at least it selects the right state machine. And I was expected it to act like a submachine state.

The purpose in that case is to quicken the modeling. I want to quicly access to the statemachine diagram referenced by the submachine state. And the workaround doesn't fit the first objective of a clear and simple diagram.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #232 by ebr
Hi,

You are right. When you DnD of a state machine in a state machine diagram, it should create a submachine state which the DnDed state machine as reference. I posted an issue for that.

The faster way for having access to the state machine diagram from a submachine state is still using the "related diagram link". But we will study how to improve this point in a useful way for the community.

Just note that once your related diagram link is created, it can be mask for in order to keep your diagram clear.

Many thanks for yours comment/feedback.

Best Regards,

ebr

7 years 10 months ago #238 by michok34
Hi,

yet another feedback :)

In activity diagram, a CallBehaviorAction creation displays a rake-style icon within the action icon in the explorer, but the behavior in the diagram itself doesn't seem to respect the same rule. There's no way to see that the action is a Call action.

regards.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #239 by ebr
Hi,

Your last feedback seems strange for me ..
CallBehaviorAction icon should be available in the explorer and in all diagram.
I added a screenshot in order to show you my point.

Regards,

ebr
Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #240 by michok34
hi,

here is a screenshot to illustrate my point.

regards
Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #241 by ebr
Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot it was helpful :).

When a CallBehaviorAction references a Behavior, its icon is changed into the Behavior icon e.g. Interaction, Activity or State Machine icon.
This behavior is, for me, very useful but the problem is that Activity and Action icons are close, not identical but very close.
And I guess you mixed up these two icons...

Regards,

ebr

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
^ Back to Top