file Excluding a package from namespace

7 years 10 months ago #103 by jmmalmedy
Hi,

I'm currently working on the UML design of a system made of two separated applications. I'd like to have the class design of both these applications in the same Modelio project. Therefore I've created two packages "app_1" and "app_2", each of them containing the packages and classes of the application. How can I exclude the root packages "app_1" and "app_2" from the namespace of the classes?

For example, if I create a sub-package "pck" in the root package "app_1" and then a class "Class" in this sub-package, the fully qualified name of the class is "app_1.pck.Class" although I'd like it to be "pck.Class". Is there a way to do this, please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #104 by tma
A solution would be to create a Modelio project for each application: "app_1" in a project and "app_2" in another project. If a project depends on the other, each project may publish the model to the other as a model component.

The alternative would be to use Java components. Each components can be generated into different directories.

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #105 by jmmalmedy
Hi,

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

There are indeed no namespace problems in the generated Java classes. But I'd like to be able to make class diagrams where the "app_1" and "app_2" packages don't appear in the class names even when using fully qualified class names. Is is possible?

I've tried both the solutions you've proposed. In both cases the model component name or Java component name is part of the classes fully qualified names.

Thanks in advance.

7 years 10 months ago #106 by chm
Hello,

the "fully qualified name" name display mode refers to the UML namespace, there is no way to skip a part of it as far as i know. Maybe the "qualified" mode, showing only the direct parent of the element is enough?

The need to add "organizational" elements in the model occurs from time to time, but we haven't defined a proper solution for now... Nor added it to the roadmap. :unsure:

7 years 10 months ago #107 by jmmalmedy
Hello,

Thank you very much for this second very fast answer.

This functionality would be nice. Nevertheless, Modelio is a wonderful tool.

J-M Malmedy

Moderators: tmaebr
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
^ Back to Top