file Shortcut to a open a Modelio model from the OS?

3 years 2 weeks ago #3895 by asefth
Hi

Usually, I have to open Modelio, then to open the project of interest (only one for each Modelio session).

Is there a simple way to open a Modelio model from a (MS Windows) shortcut (or a Linux symbolic link)? (situation: Modelio closed)
Is there a URI for the targeted model?

Or is it necessary to write some "listening script/module"?

Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #3896 by ffe
Hi Asefth,

You can open directly a project by using the "-workspace" and "-project parameters.

For example:
/path/to/modelio/install/modelio -workspace /path/to/workspaceDir -project ProjectName

"/path/to/modelio/install/modelio" is the full path to the modelio executable.
"/path/to/workspaceDir" is the full path to the directory where the project is stored. (by default is: ${HOME}/modelio/workspace or %USERPROFILE%\modelio\workspace)
"ProjectName" is the name of the project to open

You can find more information about the Modelio parameters in the documentation .

BR

3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #3898 by asefth
Hi,

It works for me (Windows; parameters should be outside the quotes within the target field of the Windows shortcut):
"C:\path-to-Modelio\modelio.exe" -workspace C:\path-to-workspace\workspace -project myProjectName
Is it also possible to do the following:
- open one package or one diagram within the model (within the project)
- open a project within an already opened Modelio session (which means closing the opened one).

In other words, it's about "opening a Modelio project as I open a Word document".

Thanks
Regards

Moderators: chmcma
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
^ Back to Top