exclamation-circle V3: can't find encoding 'iso8859_1' error -- cannot import jython standard modules

6 years 5 months ago #2194 by jmfavre
Bonsoir,
in Modelio 3.0 it is impossible to import many modules. This was working before with Modelio 2.2 without problem.
Just try for instance the following import in the "script window"
import collections
With 3.0 it gives this error (it is working like a charm in 2.2)
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding 'iso8859_1' in <script> at line number 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<script>", line 1, in <module>
  File "__pyclasspath__/Lib/collections.py", line 12, in <module>
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding 'iso8859_1'

Because of that many of the great features provided by python are unavailable and it is seriously limiting the scripts that can be developed :angry:

Cheese,
Jean-marie

p.s. As far as I know Modelio 2.2 was using Jython 2.5, and Modelio 3.0 use Jython 2.7, but I guess that the problem is more in the configuration of the jython environement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #2197 by phv
Hi Jean-marie,

We are currently investigating the 'iso8859_1 error' issue. We expect a fix for the Modelio 3.0.01 patch initially planned for today... (you already guessed it: the patch will be posponed).

Meanwhile, I can suggest trying the following workaround that should allow you to continue your useful work and investigations in Modelio 3.

from encodings import iso8859_1
import collections

Thanks for you help in improving Modelio 3.
Best regards,

Philippe Vlaemynck
Modelio Project Manager
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

6 years 5 months ago #2200 by jmfavre
I've looked on the web but didn't found the solution. Thanks!!!
Terrific indeed. I'm really happy now because I can use again some nice libraries ;)

6 years 1 week ago #2586 by jmfavre
Hi,
I've the same problem with the module "inspect". Using modelio 3.1.1.
It works after importing the encoding though, but it might makes sense to process all standard modules at once.
My 0.002€
Cheese,
Jean-marie

Moderators: chmcma
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
^ Back to Top