lightbulb-o Metamodel availability as a project?

8 years 10 months ago #2135 by osl
Hi Jean-Marie,

We are preparing an HTTP fragment containing the reference Metamodel.
(http fragments are remote libraries for Modelio 3 accessible via the internet)

We will contact you here as soon as the Metamodel http fragment is available.

Best regards

--
osl

PS: more details on fragments here and here .

Go pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #2136 by jmfavre
Yes, I thought that it would be sometime published like this as this is the perfect example for a universally available model :) It makes a lot of sense indeed. However would it be possible to have it in a standard project format or other processable before the library feature available. I guess that this will be not before a couple of months and I've indeed some lectures starting before.

If this is not possible I'm considering doing some kind reverse engineering, but this would be easier if the source is available directly :)

Thanks,
jean-marie

8 years 10 months ago #2137 by osl
Hi Jean-Marie,

No, it won't take this long. The Modelio fragments technology already exists and we are generating the one you need right now.

I'll let you know when/where it's available.

OSL

Go pro

8 years 10 months ago #2139 by osl
Hi Jean-Marie,

The Metamodel http fragment is ready, I'm sending you the url in a private message.
The reason for this is that for the time being, it is hosted on a temporary server. We will go public when the permanent location is ready.

Best regards,

OSL

Go pro

8 years 9 months ago #2141 by jmfavre
Excellent. Thanks. I was actually thinking that the problem was not so much in the fragment feature, but more on the deployment in a well established public repository, and so on. This takes some time.

With the metamodel available as a library, what is really cool is that one can draw particular slices of the metamodel in the form of various diagrams to illustrate different parts of it. Really useful both for teaching but also documenting metamodel subset used by modules, scripts, etc.

A technical question: the url of the metamodel will change when in will go to the public but do the diagrams and other models based on this library will have to be changed when the metamodel is rehosted? If I'm not wrong, uid are definitively unique for the metaclasses, etc, but is there a "rebound" operation?

Thank you very much for this so timely answer.
jean-marie
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy

8 years 9 months ago #2144 by osl
There will be no re-identification when the library moves. You'll just have to update the library url:

Best regards

OSL

Go pro
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

Moderators: chmcma
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
^ Back to Top